Garage Sale Organization
A garage sale tends to be a wide range of items from your home that you no longer need. Using some organizational tips, for your sale, can help it be more successful. After all, making a little extra cash is the ultimate goal. Next to that, there is also an added bonus of decluttering your home and getting rid of items you no longer need.
- Set a date!
- Go room by room and set aside items you no longer need.
- Have a designated room to place items in until the day of the sale.
- Clean up items, making them presentable, where someone else can use them.
- Group like items together so things are easy for shoppers to find. (ie. kitchen, decor, linens, children's items)
- Prepare to have tables and clothes racks. Getting things up at eye level is best.
- Prices should be clear and realistic. Be prepared to negotiate!
Day of Sale
- Advertise on social media and garage sale sites; have great signs that bring customers right to you.
- Set up tables and clothes racks and place grouped / priced items on them neatly.
- Bring tables and racks outside on driveway and/or cover up items in garage that are not for sale.
- Have a cashier's table so the money is all in one place.
- Greet customers and be friendly.
- Do the sale with family or friends. It makes it more fun.
- Donate what doesn't sell.
- If you do not have the time to set up and organize a sale, declutter and then donate items to a friend's sale or to your favorite charity.
- Enjoy your less cluttered home and extra cash!